Cake DeFi adheres to secure practices throughout the software development lifecycle, and follows stringent information security standards.
Security of user funds is of utmost importance to Cake DeFi. Cake DeFi has implemented numerous security measures to ensure user funds are stored securely.
- Only a nominal amount of coins are stored in hot wallets, while the majority is stored securely in cold wallets.
- Multi-signature and strict security policies are enforced for the cold wallets to ensure maximum security of funds in cold storage.
- Customer funds are properly isolated from operational funds.
Learn about Cake DeFi's security program and vulnerability disclosure policy on this page.
- Cake DeFi performs thorough evaluation of the security controls offered by cloud service providers and systems used. We also implement secure controls and best practices as advised by the CSP.
- High availability is ensured through regular backups stored with redundancy.
- Cake DeFi periodically conducts vulnerability assessment and penetration testing on the infrastructure using manual and automated tools.
- Redundant and scalable infrastructure set up to deal with scenarios of heavy traffic and surge in traffic.
- Detection to mitigate DDoS, internet scanning and port scanning attempts on our infrastructure.
- Cake DeFi ensures customer data is protected through best in class security measures and secure practices.
- Data encryption at rest and in transit using industry standard encryption methods.
- Full disk encryption is enabled as standard.
- Encryption keys are securely stored using best practice industry standards.
- Employees are required to use VPN to access internal systems and cloud resources.
- MDM solutions are implemented on corporate devices and secure policies are implemented.
- Employees are required to use secure password managers.
- Employees are required to use strong passwords, periodically rotate credentials and enable 2FA wherever possible.
- Employees are required to encrypt local hard drives and enable screen lock.
- Stringent security checks have been implemented at every step of the development cycle from coding, testing to deployment.
- Security requirements are analyzed during the design phase and it is ensured that they are satisfied at each stage of the SDLC.
- Developers are trained to understand common software security flaws and secure coding practices through standards such as the OWASP Best Practices.
- Automated security and secrets scanning is carried out to detect and eliminate potential security threats.
- Internal and external penetration tests and security assessments are conducted from time to time to assess the security posture.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the security of our systems, please get in touch with email@example.com.
If you believe you have found a security vulnerability in Cake DeFi please share the details to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In certain cases, we do reward reporters. However, at this time only critical and high severity vulnerabilities will be considered. Reporters are advised not to run any intrusive checks against Cake DeFi infrastructure and applications.